Monday, January 12, 2009

Why is Kate Hudson Allergic to Good Movies?

I'm a big fan of Kate Hudson. And by big fan I mean I enjoy looking at her. I'm trying to be a gentleman here because let's face it, her acting hasn't been anything worth praising since Almost Famous. Let's quickly run down some of her most recent gems, shall we? In no particular order (except the one they popped into my head in) here is a list of her most notable oeuvre of the last 5 years. 


How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days - This movie is offensive to women, men and plants. Basically it takes the two most horrible 
people in the world, the most morally bankrupt, heartless and cruel people you can think of, puts them in wacky situations and calls it a "rom com." Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey have great chemistry, there's no denying that. But even with their cute banter and spastic movements I can't get over the fact that they both agree to make someone FALL IN LOVE with them only to DUMP them and BREAK THEIR HEART in less than 10 days. Yup, that's what great romance is truly made of. 

Fool's Gold - I didn't see this. While the trailers promised a lot of Kate Hudson in a bikini (and shirtless Matthew McConaughey for the ladies) I've already seen Kate topless in Almost Famous and it's not impressive. Besides, I still hate these two together for no other reason than that they starred in the aforementioned POS. These two should just do it and spare us from another crappy tale of terrible people falling in love. 


Raising Helen - Also didn't see this but Kate once again plays a not-very-nice person only this time she's got kids in her care. 
Cause if you can't get Matthew McConaughey get a bunch of cute kids and that guy from Sex and the City who's not Big. It's amazing how there are now two of her movies on this list that I judged completely based on the trailers (which are supposed to have the best scenes to get audiences in the theater) and I doubt I've misjudged them. Feel free to leave comments proving me wrong. 

My Best Friend's Girl - Forget for a moment that Dane Cook is in it. Also forget that Jason Biggs is in it and still playing Jim from American Pie. Lizzy Caplan is in this but don't judge her for it. As far as Kate Hudson films go this one actually isn't too bad. For one thing she's not the most horrible character in the movie for once, that's Dane Cook's job. And even his character is not altogether bad, more operating in a gray area, going out with women who've recently dumped their nice boyfriends and making them realize just how hard it is to find guys that nice. He also gives guys who've made mistakes a second chance to make up for them, though how he knows they're reformed is not really explained. The jokes are chuckle worthy and Dane Cook knows how to play a douchebag. If you have to watch a "date movie" this one won't make your eyeballs bleed. 

You, Me and Dupree - You know why this is a good Kate Hudson movie? She's barely in it. And she still wears skimpy outfits! This isn't a good movie by any means but it's funny enough and it's tough not to like Owen Wilson in anything. And Seth Rogen is in it. I'll watch anything with Seth Rogen in it at this point. Like Mr. Wilson he's tough not to like in any role. 

I guess that's the same reason women don't mind sitting through Kate Hudson's movies. As much as her movies represent a phenomenal step down into the dreck of Hollywood from her Academy Award-nominated turn as Penny in Almost Famous the girl is damn cute. So here's my advice guys; buy a decent pair of earplugs, sit back and enjoy 90 minutes of best mixture of cute and sexy on the silver screen today. Cause you know you're totally getting dragged to Bride Wars

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want to know who told kate hudson she was funny. then i would like to kill that person execution style. then her. then matthew mconoughy. then dane cook. what is wrong with anne hathaway? someone must have a picture of her fucking a buffalo, that is the only explanation for doing a piece of woman-hating, flaming barrel of shit like bride wars. THANK ALMIGHTY CHRIST that emily would rather die than see shit like that and would NEVER drag me to see a piece of waking Hell like ANY of those movies. i've said my piece.

P.S. Dane Cook makes me weep for humanity.

P.P.S write something about stuff I/we like for once. sheesh.

Jurgen said...

I happen to like Kate Hudson. Mainly because in my world she exists only in Google Image Search and is almost always wearing skimpy bikinis. I was gonna write up a review of Benjamin Button (wow, just wow), the return of HIMYM, the awesomeness that has become Big Bang Theory, Ricky Gervais as the new King of Comedy and the sad state of the once-great Romantic Comedy genre but then I saw a commercial for Bride Wars and the vitriol poured out of me with such ease I couldn't help myself. Let's face it; if I have only one talent it's my ability to tear people down.

You need to move somewhat closer to me dude (Philly would be just fine) I need someone to go see Milk, Frost/Nixon, Slumdog Millionaire, Revolutionary Road and The Reader with. Balls.

Carly said...

You're both losers.