Thursday, April 17, 2008

But I'd probably exchange ALL my friends for DVDs

My friend, whose blogs can be found on my blog list (yay plug!), recently asked me to make a list outlining her advantages over a tape. Flight of the Conchords fans should see where this is coming from. So I've decided to make a list in order to help me decide which I would save if a bomb were about to go off and only one could be rescued.

Tape

  • Has music to fit all my moods.
  • Portable.
  • Just out-of-date enough to make me seem cool in a Saved By The Bell retro way.
  • Doesn't mock my tastes in music...or movies...or television.
  • Doesn't mock me.
  • Easy to rewind to the good parts.
  • Easy to fast forward through the boring, rambling, God-I-Wish-It-Would-Just-End parts
  • Possible to make infinite copies to share with friends.
  • Has a lot of Beatles, Weezer, Green Day and Blink-182 songs. Some Rolling Stones. No Miley Cyrus.
Carly
  • Has good taste in music and TV...not much else.
  • Doesn't offend my eyes.
  • Occasionally makes an amusing quip.
  • Obviously judges me for being a dork, remains a friend despite this.
  • Shares music with me.
  • Understands that certain people just need to be mocked.
  • Only one of her and no copies can be made...legally.
  • One of a few people who understands that making fun of someone's misery is OK because laughter is the best medicine.
  • Talks about fairies and Disney princesses. A lot.
  • Listens to Miley Cyrus.
It was close for a moment there but given the choice between listening to an endless loop of the same (awesome) music and long discussions about which of us is best suited to rule the world in a few hundred years I had to go with the tunes. Most of which she gave me.

It really came down to the portability and ease of copying factors.

1 comment:

Carly said...

You say a movie review should end our friendship - well THIS should have ended our friendship...you picking a tape over me! :P