Friday, April 18, 2008

"Then I'll have 2 chairs. One more to go."

I really wish I was friends with Creed. True I'd have to install a pretty expensive security system at my house (you know, just in case) but I bet I'd have some wacky stories to tell! First the big stuff:

Jim and Pam! Or JAM! Or PB&J! 
The best couple in Television do it again by talking about their future exactly how you think they would: good natured teasing and sarcasm. I love these characters! The great thing about their conversation at Pam's desk was that you could tell Pam wasn't sure if Jim was joking or not. But you could also tell it made her happy. When Jim pulled out the ring during the confessional and...confessed...that he'd had it since a week after they started dating I got a little giddy. Embarrassingly so. Good thing I live alone.

So what do you think? Will Jim get down on one knee (for real this time) and pop the question without typical sitcom misunderstandings and shenanigans? Will Pam believe him this time? (Best line of the night: her calm "I hate you" when he gets on one knee only to tie his shoe). Anyone else concerned that this is moving too fast for Pam?

Find me a date or you're fired!
You know, for a second there when he was talking about not wanting to be too old to throw the ball around with his kids I really thought this was going to be an episode that showcased Michael's heart. Then the coffee shop happened.

Michael's painful attempts to get away from his blind date were classic Scott. His obsession with the catalog girl was made even funnier because let's face it; we've all been there. Not to that extent but who hasn't had a celebrity crush? (Types this as he stares longingly at framed picture of Pam on his desk).

Once it was clear that this was not going to lead to one of Michael's better moments on the show the rest unfolded pretty much how you thought it would. Of course he insults Pam's landlady and accidentally calls Jan while praising her boob job. Didn't make it any less hilarious!

I was happy to see the old Dwight back in this episode. I'll admit the whole "she's dead" thing caught me off guard at first but it really allowed Dwight to be Dwight again after getting his heart stomped on by Angela (although he kind of deserves it, cat murderer!). "Apparently she was stoned." Classic.

Loved Pam's subtle head shake after Jim gets scolded for being insensitive by pointing out that Michael never actually met catalog girl and is probably taking her death too hard.

"Hi Oscar Meyer wiener lover"
The background characters really shone in this episode, especially Kevin and Andy (seeing as it was their subplot anyway).

Andy's dancing should be on any future clip shows and Kevin's touching speech when he gets their parking spaces back ("It feels good to win one") was really one of the series' high points for this character and frankly the whole show in general. I mean these guys barely get more than a minute's screen time per episode on average but even with such little time the writers really make you care about them.

And in Creed's case make you glad you decided not to post your address in the company directory.

Scroll up for my
Eli Stone recap a little later, a show you're probably not watching...just like this blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, isn't it funny how we loved the EXACT same moments? that's just freaky.